Workshops and courses
Empowerment through understanding difference
There is an increase in diagnosis for Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit (ADHD or ADD)
For those that work with people on the ASD spectrum, we need to have a greater awareness of how to work with , support and most of all how to understand these people.
Professional Development and/or Consultation
- Understanding ASD, ADD, ADHD, Downs Syndrome
- Behavioral Characteristics
- Ways to assist and work with children on the Spectrum
- What these conditions are
- Impact of these behaviors and conditions on others
Gaye has been working in education for over 30 years. The last of her time in a school was as a principal for 8 years. Her passion for children with difficulties such as ASD, ADHD etc helped her to create a school environment that reduced wear and tear on teachers and lowered the behavioral issues for students and teachers.
Testimonials from participants of Workshops
- A good ‘refresher for me as I last did a course quite a few years ago. ALL teachers should be attending so that they can understand differences in the children we teach.
- Prior to coming to this seminar I had no knowledge of ASD, ADD, Down Syndrome, POD, RETTS, C.D.D, through this seminar I have a better idea of how to deal with my children and how to encourage my staff to educate themselves on all conditions, we discussed today.
- Given me more understanding of autism and how as a teacher I can help – (useful strategies) – while the children are still young
- Relates directly to myself and my daughter. Not just to the kids that I work with everyday
- Appreciating the differences has been wonderful, that children may look normal but may need to be approached differently. This would work for all children
- This workshop was very important to me as I care for an autistic child in a day care situation everyday and I am very keen to learn as much about autism as possible. I am very grateful that extra information will be emailed to me.
- Given me more understanding off it all, helping others to understand, understanding people that have it.
- Has helped me understand, so much have whanau members with some forms of Autism! Think that a lot more teachers should do this workshop!
- I really enjoyed this workshop. I enjoyed the video clips.
- Shows the potential for all children’s learning and development. Understanding differences.
- Shows what helps learning and what hinders it.
- Useful to remind me of various aspects and learn new things, like net syndrome. Useful to think about learning positions.
- This has given me a better understanding.